Here are our top five reasons why you should jump at the chance to host a wedding in the city:
- Cities are a wonder of venues of all different types and sizes, from intimate restaurant spaces to botanical gardens to castles and observatories.
- The city scenery is so varied, from hilltop views of epic skylines to cobbled streets and moody alleyways. You can have it all, leading to spectacular photography opportunities.
- Everything is on your doorstep, and with transport options galore, you don’t have to stop at one venue or location. Feel free to throw in a few and delight your guests by showcasing your city’s top spots.
- The energy in the city is very different. Most couples want to tap into that buzz and create vibrant guest experiences. Be that music, food, or the historical wow factor cities tend to have.
- A city destination provides an accessible hub for guests. So, if you have guests traveling internationally, easy access to an airport goes a long way to making travel planning a much less taxing experience. And they can combine celebrating with you and exploring a city they’ve always wanted to visit. Win, win.
To show you just how unique a city wedding can be, take a look at these urban celebrations:
Amy and Westin, City of choice – Glasgow. Venue: The Bothy
Photography – Lena Sabala
Myranda and Paul, City of choice – Edinburgh. Venues: Calton Hill and The Royal College of Physicians
Photography – Melody Joy
Olivia and John, City of choice – Edinburgh. Venues: The Calton Hill Observatory and Caledonian Hall at the Edinburgh Royal Botanic Garden
Amy & Westin
Venue, Catering & Bar: The Bothy – https://bothyglasgow.co.uk
Styling, Stationery & Floristry: Gloam – https://gloam.co.uk
Celebrant: Family Member
Photographer: Lena Sabala – https://lenasabala.com
Tables/Chairs: The Bothy – https://bothyglasgow.co.uk
Linens : Gloam – https://gloam.co.uk
Myranda and Paul
Venue: Ceremony in Calton Hill – The Collective: https://www.collective-edinburgh.art/media/documents/WeddingBrochure_Landscape_Web-1.pdf?v=1620901334
Reception at Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh – https://www.rcpe.ac.uk
Photographer: Melody Joy – https://www.melodyjoy.co
Planners: Timeless White (Jamie) – https://timelesswhite.co.uk
Styling, Floristry and stationery: Gloam – https://gloam.co.uk
Plate and glass hire: Whitehouse Crockery – https://www.eventcrockeryhire.co.uk/products/
Table Linens: 88 Events – https://www.88events.com
Olivia and Alex
Venue: Ceremony at Calton Hill Observatory – The Collective: https://www.collective-edinburgh.art/media/documents/WeddingBrochure_Landscape_Web-1.pdf?v=1620901334
Reception at Caledonian Hall, Edinburgh Botanics – https://www.rbge.org.uk
Photographer: Claire Fleck – https://www.clairefleckphotography.com
Caterers: Heritage Portfolio – https://www.heritageportfolio.co.uk
Styling, stationery and ceremony floristry: Gloam – https://gloam.co.uk
Reception venue florist: Roseparks – https://www.roseparks.co.uk